(Association of Anti-Virus Asia Researchers)
AVAR (Association of anti Virus Asia Researchers) was formed in June, 1998 with a mission to prevent the spread of malware and the damage caused by it. AVAR aims to do this by developing cooperative relationships among anti-malware experts in Asia. AVAR is an independent and non-profit organization which focuses on the Asia Pacific region and consists of prominent experts from 17 territories including Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Korea, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, UK, and the USA.
AVAR’s independence is crucial in the global fight against malware and in raising user awareness on computer security issues. AVAR has a constitution and a code of conduct, and is committed to improving members’ knowledge and skills.
Our activities includes:
- Organizing and hosting AVAR annual conference and seminar on anti virus issues
- Providing information on computer virus incidents through Asia on AVAR website
- Operating AVAR members’ mailing list to exchange information and opinions among members.
We are also planning for the following:
- Issue AVAR electric newsletter on security information
- Conducting evaluation test for anti virus products(It has been underway in Japan since August 2009)
- Provide certificates to anti virus products as well as to technical people for their knowledge and skills on computer virus prevention
- Improve communication and cooperation with other international anti virus organizations
AVAR AS A PLATFORM
AVAR is a forum for technical discussions and debates on emerging threats and mitigation, contributing to and learning from a global cybersecurity knowledge center.
AVAR publishes research papers leading to professional development of cybersecurity specialists
NETWORKING & PARTNERING
AVAR offers a global platform for business networking and partnering with other members
CONFERENCES & PRESENTATIONS
AVAR conducts conferences and conclaves to enable networking and information sharing
AVAR is a platform to gain international mileage for product launches
AVAR is a non-profit organization whose primary objective is to prevent the spread of and the damage caused by malicious code. We are proud to say that AVAR now comprises members from 17 territories, from the Asia pacific and around the world.
We are facing an ever-changing and growing threat from malware, but our capability to protect and respond is also growing. I believe that the international and inter-organisational exchange and cooperation through AVAR have made a significant contribution to those defences. The AVAR Conference has become something to look forward to every year and has been held in Korea, Australia, India, Japan, Hong Kong, China and now Vietnam.
AVAR is not just for virus researchers, it is also particularly relevant to the business and technical needs of corporate IT professionals, students, educators, law enforcement, legislators and all those whose objectives are to ensure safe and secure computing and the security of the internet.
Recently, AVAR management decided to appoint a new CEO and has declared Mr. J Kesavardhanan, Founder and CTO of K7 Computing Pvt. Ltd., India, as the first CEO of AVAR.
Mr. J Kesavardhanan is the Founder and CTO of the cybersecurity solutions company “K7 Computing Private Limited”. He has dedicated more than 27 years to the cybersecurity field, and is still actively involved in the design and development of cybersecurity products. He has also promoted a number of cybersecurity events, such as conferences, and initiatives, such as K7 Academy, to spread global awareness about the threat of viruses, malware and hacker attacks and how to protect against and prevent them.
Mr. Kesavardhanan’s twin passions are to research and explore the domain of antivirus spreading the knowledge he has gained, and to create entrepreneurs and experts in the field of software engineering. The products he has developed have attracted more than 24 million users all over the world.
K7 Computing became a member of AVAR in 2007. Since then Mr. Kesavardhanan has contributed strongly to the growth of AVAR, both as a sponsor and a two-time conference organizer. His plans as the very first CEO of AVAR is to develop the organization to provide a firm platform that would cater to the industries that are most affected by cyber threats and inspire and incentivize them to actively engage with AVAR.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
|Mr. Righard Zwienenberg||ESET, spol. s r. o.||Senior Research Fellow|
|Mr. Eddy Willems||G DATA CyberDefense||Security Evangelist|
|Mr. Cha Minseok||AhnLab, Inc.|
|Mr. Allan George Dyer||Yui Kee Computing Limited||Chief Consultant||Chairman|
|Ms. Hong Jia||AppEsteem Corporation||Chief Research Officer|
|Mr. Jesse Song||SKD Labs||CEO|
From left to right: Righard Zwienenberg, Eddy Willems, Cha Minseok, Allan George Dyer, Hong Jia, Jesse Song and J Kesavardhanan
AVAR MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- Exchange ideas and discuss about the risks and implications associated with cyberthreats
- Present research papers
- Network and collaborate with cybersecurity leaders and professionals
- Benefit form collaboration with other industry bodies
- Publish articles on the AVAR research blog
- Be a part of panel discussions
- Gain visibility
- Media coverage at the annual conferences
- Corporate logo displayed on the AVAR website
- Sponsoring AVAR events
- Enjoy special privileges at AVAR conferences
- Be informed of all membership activities
- Explore potential business opportunities