The Dynamic Security Ecosystem
28th – 30th Nov 2018
Join the Top Security Minds in Asia-Pacific
At AVAR 2018, the speakers are expected to inspire, surprise, delight and educate the audience. Abstracts will be selected based on the quality of the content.
We are at present accepting applications to speak at the AVAR 2018 conference. The speakers can be founders, researchers, CXO’s and almost anyone else in-between. If you see yourself in that description, do submit your abstracts now.
Theme : “The Dynamic Security Ecosystem’ .
The ecosystem of digital technology is in constant flux with an ever-growing set of devices and servers, communication channels, platforms, apps, etc., thus increasing the attack surface for cyber criminals. The security response to these challenges must evolve quickly and effectively to provide robust protection at the multifarious layers. At AVAR 2018 we’re seeking to explore the nature of these challenges and the countermeasures to tackle them.
Abstract submissions on the following topics are requested:
- CPU vulnerabilities (e.g. Spectre/Meltdown/newer variations)
- Supply chain attacks and how to counter them
- How secure is UEFI Secure Boot?
- (In)secure smart infrastructure (from mobile phones to IoT devices to ICS, etc.)
- Impact of data privacy regulation, e.g. GDPR, on telemetry gathering and threat intelligence sharing
- Cross-platform malware techniques
- Cryptomining malware
- Connected cars security frameworks
- Use of the Dark Web by cyber criminals
- Fileless malware techniques and how to deal with them
- Wireless communication security
- Compromising cloud infrastructure in 2018 and beyond
Please note that the above list is not exhaustive and we invite submissions on any topic relevant to the modern threat landscape whether related to reverse engineering recent malware, or using ML methods for threat detection, or case studies dissecting recent APT campaigns, etc. They are, after all, part and parcel of today’s Dynamic Security Ecosystem.
You are welcome to send your abstracts to email@example.com
Deadline date of submission : 24 Aug 2018.